Unboxing: AIM Sports FN/FAL M-LOK Handguard

• I ordered one of these AIM Sports handguards for my FAL and received it a few days ago from M1Surplus.com (good service from M1surplus.com by the way, very fast shipping and the price on this handguard was the lowest I had seen.)

The description from AIM Sports website:

• Black hard coat anodized 6061 T6 aluminum
    • Compatible with Magpul M-Lok accessories
    • 9.5 inches of top rail space
    • No gunsmithing to install, fully drop-in
    • Two-piece design
    • Fits metric rifles with GI handguard length
    • Optional M-Lok top cover included

I haven't installed or tested the AIM Sports handguard yet, but here are some pictures of it getting unboxed (excuse the pictures, I didn't have very even lighting):

The M-LOK handguard box and AIM Sports logo:

The handguard box included both the picatinny (railed) top and the universal (non-railed) top nicely wrapped:

The handguard has a smooth but very lightly pebbled look to it:

Here's a view of the top and bottom of the handguard:

A nice touch is that AIM Sports includes an extra handguard screw and the two allen wrenches needed for installation:

The fit and finish of the handguard is excellent: there are no visible burrs or ridges, the machining looks very precise, and the anodizing is even. So far I'm impressed, and I'll install and test fire the handguard this weekend and post an update.

• The 6 screws on top attach the top portion of the handguard to the bottom portion of the handguard. Nothing attaches to the rifle other than the two standard FAL connection points (the screw in front and the handguard rings on the back.)